...and I am up shit creek without a paddle. I used a program to train up from the couch to a 5K. Then I used a program to train up from the 5K to the 10K. Now, it's time for me to train up to a half marathon, and I am pretty sure I'm injured.
It started at the beginning of September with pain in my heels. That has continued, and gotten worse. Now, the tops of my feet up through the upper part of my ankle gets excruciatingly tight every time I run. I start to almost lose contact/feeling with my feet. I did 3 miles today as my first day of half marathon training, and I had to walk twice. My breathing was ok, my body from the knees up felt strong. My ankles downward hurt so bad I was almost in tears.
I have an appointment with a podiatrist on November first, but I may try to get into the physical therapist I used before for my knee sooner than the first. I am so very discouraged right now. I have 12 weeks until the Disney Half, and I am so afraid that I will be sidelined for awhile b/c I'm hurt. I almost don't want to know. Come hell or high water, as long as I can move forward at a 16-minute-mile pace, I will be doing that half marathon.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment