This is going to be brief, because I am quite busy. The top of my right foot has been hurting, my hips are off, and I've just been tight all over. I did some searching on the Internet and found a Hal Higdon program that trains for a 10K in 8 weeks, and is much more conservative as far as distance. There are more strength and cross-training days worked in.
As of Monday, I will be 8 weeks from my 10K race, so I will start his training program then. It seems like perfect timing, so it's meant to be. I plan to visit Fleet Feet soon to talk about another pair of shoes so I can rotate what I wear to run in, and I also need to commit to a stretching program. Hopefully this will keep me on a good path all the way through to the half marathon.
Wednesday I walked/ran 3 miles, and I took yesterday off. Our foster kitten was very sick, and he ended up dying, so I wasn't in a place where I wanted to get out there and work out. Today I did 3 miles of all walking. I'll do whatever feels good for Saturday and Sunday, then the Higdon program starts Monday. I hope this is the magic bullet!
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I used one of Hal Higdon's training plans for half-marathon training. I was pleased with it. We're headed to Fleet Feet one of these days to get shoes for Elizabeth.
ReplyDeleteJenn
I'm glad to hear it, Jenn! It seems really reasonable.
ReplyDeleteI'm balking a little at paying the $$ for another pair of shoes, but when I think about how little that truly matters when compared to me being injured, I think it's worth it.