Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Please Share Your Stories

Justin and I spent over two hours tonight receiving budgeting and credit counseling at our Credit Union. The lady was very nice, and it was overall a positive experience. So why did I cry two separate times driving home?

It's because it makes me so sad to finally face where we are financially. We will have my car and our credit card debt all paid off in the next four years, and that will free up a lot of money per month. Plus, our salaries will only be higher then, because both Justin and I will have our Masters and have more years under our belts as teachers.

It is just so frustrating to be in this place 2 1/2 years ago we took out our mortgage and Justin had a much different, much higher paying job. After he was laid off, he went back to school to be a teacher, and then worked two part-time jobs. Now, finally, we are both employed full-time again, and here we are.

Oprah says "When you know better, you do better", but what is aggrivating here is that I always knew better. Having an outstanding balance on a credit card is not good, and I knew it. I just didn't have a viable alternative.

If any of your have been in the dark valley of the shadow of credit card debt and come out the other side, please share your stories of hope. I know we can do it; I am just so very, very tired.

2 comments:

  1. Em, DONT DESPAIR. We were making way too much money to be so broke. When I found out I was PG 2 yrs ago, we went hardcore. In 2 years, we've paid off a TON of debt. You CAN do it. You just need a plan, on paper. I love listening to Dave Ramsey's radio show. Go to podbean.com and search his name and they have some archived. VERY motivational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I will follow your advice...and I enjoyed Ramsey's book!

    ReplyDelete