I did a 7 mile long "run" today. I say "run" because I walked long chunks of it today. My knees were both hurting me- that's new. And I am recovering from a sinus infection/cold/something-or-other, and don't want to either make myself worse or lengthen my recovery.
Still, my average pace was a 13.5 minute mile, which means my running pace was probably quicker than a 12 minute mile when I was actually running. I feel good about that! I cannot believe that I really have just a little over a month until I head off for this half; it feels like I've been training forever!
Today I had two dogs charge me (a Chocolate Lab would was retrieved by his owner, and a cattle dog who responded to my command to "go home!"), and I had a runner pass me twice: once as he ran in the opposite direction I was, and once upon his return. He was a smooth, lithe, fast runner with great form, and a perfect footstrike. I am so grateful that I have never seen myself run; I'm sure I'd have quit if I had.
I went to two jewelry shows yesterday and today. I have to start thinking about what jewelry I will wear for the half. Should be the least of my worries, yes, but nonetheless. I want the earrings to be light enough to not bug me, but cute for pictures. Necklace? I've never run with one on, but all the Olympic sprinters do, so it must be possible. I'll wear my wedding and engagement rings only, because my fingers swell as I run and that can get uncomfortable. Decisions, decisions.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment