I did the 5K "Halloween Hustle" today with my friend and co-worker Jen D. The course didn't have any mile markers, so I wasn't sure how my time was or how much longer I had to go in the race at different stages. My ankles and heels were giving me a lot of trouble, and it was very cold! However, we finished in about 36:30, which is where I usually am. My endurance was actually pretty good; the pain from mid-shin down was all I wasn't really happy with as far as my performance goes.
I am getting pretty anxious/excited for the Disney Half- as of Monday, it's only 2 months away! My other friend and co-worker Jenn S. is running the NYC Marathon tomorrow with the LiveStrong team. Then I have two friends and co-workers doing the Disney with me. I am so inspired by other runners, and I also like to know we are all suffering together, HA!
The podiatrist said that my symptoms align pretty much with plantar fasciitis. He said I can continue to train and race, but that I should take time for non-impact activities and rest once the half marathon has passed. No problem- I think I'll be ready for a bit of a break by then. I wish there was just a pill he could give me so I was pain-free, but next to that, this was the best news I could receive.
All my $20 co-pays are really adding up, though! I should run Disney as a fund raiser to reimburse myself!
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment