I averaged a 13 minute mile pace, which takes the 10 minutes of walking into account. That' s not bad for where I'm at. Justin was good overall and kept the pace with me. Then, he sprinted ahead and jogged back to me. He did some Monty Python "Ministry of Silly Walks" around me. He skipped. He danced.
I think he was just having fun, but I also think he was getting bored running at my pace, although he's too nice to say so. The frustrating thing is, Justin doesn't run. He does other cardio, and some weights, but he isn't a runner. I've completed almost 7 weeks of a training program, and I'm way slower than he.I know I'm a much better runner than I was 7 weeks ago, and I know it's a losing game to compare myself to other runners. Especially a male who is 5 inches taller than me and at healthy body weight. Still.
Today didn't feel good overall. My lower back (left side) hurt, and my left knee hurt, and my right Achilles hurt. It has been a very stressful week at work so far, and it's only Tuesday. I am going to do weights/cross training tomorrow and then probably take Thursday completely off. I think my body is saying it needs a little break.
Hot tub is available Thursday and Friday.
ReplyDeleteJenn
What does it say that I feel I'm too exhausted to put in the minimal work it will take to come over and use your hot tub? Gather a towel and my swimsuit? Phew...
ReplyDeleteThank you for the offer. I'll talk to you today.