Scouting Report: Run at 7:40am on Sunday, May 23
Animals Seen:
*4 dogs (all friendly)
*1 cat (sunning on a woodpile)
*1 turtle (still dead in the ditch, as per an earlier blog post)
*1 woodchuck
*numerous robins and other birds
People Seen:
*6 runners (5 female, 1 male. 4 waved back at me, 2 did not)
*1 walker (female, waved)
*1 biker (male, waved)
*4 fishermen (yes, all men. 2 in hip-high waders)
I ran along River Road this morning, enjoying the beautiful sights, sounds, and smells. It was truly gorgeous, and I felt GOOD! This was my first 30 minute run, and it was awesome. I wasn't panting, I didn't really hurt, and I didn't totally overheat. I am glad I was done running by 8:30am, though- it's supposed to be well into the 80s today, totally sunny, and humid.
Nike Plus says that I was at a 10:29/mile pace for the first mile, then 10:59/mile pace for the second mile. At the third mile, I was at 15:00/mile, but I had just slowed to my walk after the 30 minutes of running. So counting my 5 minute warm up walk, I did a 5K today in about 35 minutes. That's great!! It was on the same course exactly as my town's 5K in August, so I'll be excited to see how much I can improve my time on that route before then.
I think the reason I ran more quickly today was that the course was flat, and it was still cool. On Friday I ran an hour later, and it was hot and the course was hillier. I will continue to run hills because I know they make me a better runner, but I do loathe them.
I am so very pumped!! I am going to run just 30 minutes again on Tuesday or Wednesday, and then on my last day of C25K I will run 3.1 miles, however long it takes me. WOOT!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment