Monday, August 17, 2009

Peppermint Foot Balm and Budgeting

Justin and I are going hardcore onto a budget this year. It is time to build an emergency fund, start paying off credit card debt, and know where our money goes. In an effort to not spend anything unnecessarily, I have been going through my "stinky shit" as my brother Marc calls it, to find and use what I already have.

It turns out that I have a LOT of stinky shit. I have 6 kinds of lotions, and 4 of them have matching body mists. I have 2 other body mists that are on their own. I have peppermint foot scrub, peppermint food balm, and peppermint reviving leg gel. I have special cloth gloves to put my hands in after using an avocado scrub, and an avocado renewing cream. I have 2 shower gels in the shower currently, and two that I have rotated out that are more winter-smelling. 2 of these have lotions with them. I have a lip scrub. I have various hotel samples of body wash/shampoo/conditioner/lotion. I have a mint julep facial mask. THERE IS MORE! I'm just not done sorting yet.

I remember reading that rotating toys for young children or dogs is a great idea, because if they have only 5 or 8 toys they will play and keep track of each, but more than that and the child or dog gets bored and can't appreciate them all. If you pull "new" toys out of a closet every few weeks and rotate the old ones out, without spending any money your child/dog will be continually delighted.

I am trying the same thing out on myself. Sniff me every fortnight and see what you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment