Tomorrow is the first whole-school inservice day. That means my summer is over. Fittingly, today was a beautiful day, about 80 degrees and sunny. A nice end to freedom. Still, I am always so conflicted at this time of year!
I love the fall and I love school. Pumpkins and mums and crisp nights and cool days are wonderful! I got married in the fall because it is my favorite season. And I get excited every September for school to start back up. I enjoyed school as a student, and I enjoy it as a teacher.
But there is a sadness to nature as the leaves fall off the trees. I have to wear socks again as the weather gets cold, and I love being barefoot. And school is my job. Let's face it, jobs are a drag. I work to make money; if I didn't have bills, I wouldn't teach. I don't love it THAT much.
So the end of August and the beginning of September are kind of a no-man's-land for me. Very transitional. I guess I don't know how I feel right now, other than anticipatory.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment