1. I got my tattoo touched up as a reward for successfully completing the C25K program. I think it looks great. Thanks Brenna @ Tattoo Works!
2. I ran/walked 5.3miles today. That is almost all the way from school (work) to my house. I felt really proud of that. Justin came to pick me up before I quite made it home, because it was getting dark, and thunderstorms were threatening.3. Even though I was dragging (stomach cramps b/c I ate less than 2 hours before, and I didn't hydrate enough today), I maintained a 12:30 pace average, which includes my walks.
4. I saw a very dead, very flat raccoon on my run. Icky.
5. I spoke at a beginner's running class today. Dave V. invited me to talk to the group he's coaching, and I told them all about my experience and process through the C25K program. I said something I really liked, even though I hadn't consciously thought it or planned to say it ahead of time. I observed that I am someone who tends to exaggerate problems and lump all my troubles together until they overwhelm me. I never take things one step at a time. Tonight I said that running helps me because "you can't run mile 3 before you've run mile 4". I saw people nodding, and it really resonated with me.
6. As I was running tonight, I felt the need to spit. As I move along, my mouth dries out and my saliva gets gross and thick, so I spit it out. This was around mile 5, and I was starting to drag. I lethagically turned my head to the left and the saliva left my lips, but without the power required to make it onto the road. It landed on my left wrist, against my watch. Sweeeeeet.
7. If you sweat profusely enought, it is hard for black flies to latch on and bite you. I discovered this tonight as they slid right off me as I ran.
No comments:
Post a Comment