Well, it was just rain, really, but a lot of it. It's humid here, and yet sort of chilly. I just couldn't bring myself to run outside, but I knew I needed to run. So, I packed up and headed to the gym to use the treadmill. 4 miles later- suckity suck suck suck.
I was pouring sweat and my dog-attacked wrist started hurting as I ran, although it was fine on Friday. I also felt really tired, really quickly. I ate a big breakfast, but 2 1/2 hours before. I slept ok, but woke up feeling overtired. I don't exactly know what was up. I do know that it's boring as hell to run inside on a treadmill, though, and not as "fresh"; I could distinctly smell sweat (not mine) and just a carpet/inside/metal sort of scent.
I wore my Nike Plus and also, of course, was looking at the treadmill read out. The 'mill said I was at a 12 minute/mile pace, but my Nike Plus said I was at a 10:30minute/mile pace. Is the truth somewhere in the middle? Maybe the reason I got tired quickly is because I set the treadmill at a 12 minute/mile pace, but that's faster than I actually usually run? Or what the treadmill said was 5mph was actually closer to 6mph? Anyway, WHEW!
I am off to a retirement party now, in this wet and dank weather. BOOOOOOOOO
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment