Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Whine Whine Whimper

It was humid tonight, and pretty hot. I wasn't well hydrated. My right hip is very tight. STILL. 36:43 to do a 5K on a fairly flat course?!?! I am really discouraged. My legs felt like lead and I was exhausted by the end. I did the same distance 2+ minutes faster on Monday. My race is Saturday. Ugh ugh ugh.

I have realized that whatever my new aching body part is, it trumps the one that was formerly hurting "the worst". First my right knee was "the worst", then my left knee, then my right Achilles, then my calves, then the bottom of my left foot, and now my right hip. Each new complaint makes me feel like a wuss for whining before, because this time is hurts really bad.

I am just in a dark place tonight. I would expect things to only be getting easier the longer I've been training, but they aren't. It makes me doubt that I'll be able to handle the Disney Half in six months. My apologies to those of you who have told me that you follow this blog for running inspiration- you won't get any from me tonight.

1 comment:

  1. We all have our bad days and motor through them the best that we can. Look forward knowing that tomorrow will be a better day!

    ReplyDelete