I am slacking! It seems that when I get back from a run, I remember to log my workout into Nike +, but I forget to visit my blog and post an update.
Tuesday's run was 4 miles, and I did it late in the afternoon. It was hooooooot. I walked the first and last miles, and ran the two in the middle. To me, that was a decent compromise. I felt decent before, during, and after the run. However, I had napped before I ran, and I couldn't shake the mentally groggy feeling. Anyone who runs can tell you it can be almost as much a mental game as it is a physical one.
Wednesday's run was only 3 miles, and I did it at the gym. I had to do weights anyway, and it was humid outside, so I ran on the treadmill. I walked the first half mile and the last half mile, and ran the 2 in the middle. I am sure this is an overshare, but it is that time of the month, and I was just not feeling it. I did plod along at a 5mph pace, but I left the 'mill on no incline. I will say that for the last quarter mile of running I ran at 6mph. I felt good about that. It sucked, but I could do it, LOL!
This morning I got up early to run. It was so nice out! Dangerously foggy though- I ran with one ear bud from my iPod out of my ear, so I could more clearly hear cars. I wanted to be able to dive in a ditch if I needed to. However, the air was somewhat cool, the fog was hiding the glare of the sun, the roads were mostly abandoned, and the cows flicked their ears in greeting. I did 4 miles; like on Tuesday, I ran the 2 middle miles and walked the first and last. The anti-highlight of this run was the roadkill that was smashed so flat that I didn't see it until I was upon it. I think it used to be a woodchuck. Literally, it was completely flat, except for its teeth and two front paws. I tried to leap over it, and I am just going to believe in my heart that I succeeded. It was nasty.
I have 3 miles on my plate for tomorrow, so I plan to go to the mostly flat Collins Pearly sports complex and do a 5K and push it and time myself. I have the Egg Run coming up in a couple weeks, and I really want to beat the time I posted in my last 5K.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment