Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 4 Day 4 of 10K Training

After a wonderful trip to Montreal (that included too much junky food and too little water), I knew I had to run today. 4 miles was on the schedule, so I did 4 miles. I went to the treadmill, though, because I wasn't ready to run until about 11am (I had to hydrate, eat, wake up, etc) and it was terribly humid outside by then.

I did ok. I worked between 4 and 5 mph for the whole run, which is a comfortable place to be for me. More importantly, it's a pace I can maintain and still be able to finish the Disney Half.

I didn't feel terrible as I ran, but I felt myself fatiguing. I am going to try to push the fluids for the rest of the day, not eat too much pizza at my mom's birthday party tonight, and get to bed early. Tomorrow I have 7 miles scheduled, but I may do "only" 6, since I ran 7 last weekend when I was only scheduled for 6. We shall see.

I can't remember if I posted this or not earlier in the week, but I bought my JetBlue tickets to the Disney Half. It is official- it's really happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment