Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week 4 Day 3 of 10K Training

I was feeling a little lackadaisical this morning. I trotted along at a very slow pace for my 4 miles. I think I could've gone faster, but I just didn't care to. I know tomorrow is a rest day, but I will run 11 miles total on Saturday and Sunday, so I already feel like I need to be conserving energy. And, I ran less than 12 hours before I took off this morning, so I really had the feeling of deja vu.

As I ran this morning I tried to look around. The sides of the roads are really lovely this time of year. I saw Queen Anne's lace and red clover and some lovely purple flower. There is hay cut in the fields, and cows and horses watched me as I moved through. As I ran over a small stream called Mill Brook, I saw a blue heron flap up out of the water and fly away. It was so big and beautiful, and its blue-gray color was gorgeous. I really love where I live, and I love Vermont.

We head to Montreal today to spend a night, so it is very convenient that my rest day is tomorrow. I am ready for a day without the pounding on my muscles and joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment