Thursday, July 8, 2010

Week 2 Day 2 of 10K Training

I ran yesterday- Wednesday- but I didn't post about it. I'm not sure why; I think the heat has burned up my brain and I just forgot.

I ran at 7:15am, before the heat and humidity got too oppressive. Still... ick ick ick. It was my first time drinking water as I run, and that went ok. It made me feel a little bit sick, even though I was only taking small sips. I could dump water down my back and over my head too, which was very nice.

My time was quite slow, and I walked 2 of my 4.5 miles. I guess that's something I just have to deal with in the summer. I feel like I am losing fitness though, even though that's probably not true. I am so unsure of myself as a runner still, and the half marathon is exactly 6 months from today!!! Anxiety is my default setting in life, and it's rearing its ugly head.

I am going to do only 3 miles today, and I'm doing it inside. I'm sure that will be plenty hot, and I hate the treadmill, but at least the sun won't be beating down on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment