I bought a small cake tonight. Like, half of it is my serving, and half of it is Justin's serving. But it has been a really long week. 4 out of 5 days had inservice, and I lead 2 of those days. The lunches were gross, and I'm tired and in need of a treat. Because of all this, I am hoping that Justin does not want his half of the cake. I could eat a piece now at 7pm, and know it's not the last piece. I could savor it, and it wouldn't totally gone. I could eat the other piece at 9pm. Pretty literally, I would be having my cake and eating it too.
I have never understood why there was an expression "caked on". It is usually referring to something foul, and cake itself is such a lovely thing. There is a Dawn dish detergent add about caked-on grease, or when a dog or cat rolls in something gross, it gets really caked-in their hair. This phrase is really a disservice to cakedom everywhere.
the existence of cake is sometimes my main reason for living. i love it so...
ReplyDelete