Monday, April 5, 2010

Couch To 5K- Week 2 Day 1

Well, I started Week 2 today. Week 2 is deceiving. You think, hey awesome, I get to walk for two minutes at a time this week. Wahoo! Then you realize that you now have to jog for 90 seconds at a time. That is half again as much as you did last week. Then you think, shit.

Week 2 involves a brisk five-minute warm up walk. Then you alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Then you take a five-minute cool down walk.

I did it. I did it at the gym. On a treadmill. After walking 10 minutes previously to warm up for strength training. Which I did for 20 minutes.

PHEW is the word I'm looking for right now. Normally I wouldn't lump all this working out together, but I defend my thesis on Wednesday so I doubt I'll be working out that day. I may have the same feeling of nausea as I did today, but it won't be from cardio exertion.

I had that weird pain on the top of my foot again, in that tendon I'd use to point my toe. This happened last week on the treadmill as well, but it didn't happen running outside. If it keeps happening even after my muscles adjust, I'll talk to the shoe people or Nate-the-Trainer or a surgeon who specializes in amputations.

No comments:

Post a Comment