I am always so scared at the start of a new week. I worry that this is the week I won't be able to do the running.
For Week 3 of Couch To 5K, you do the five minute warm-up walk, then jog for 90 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, jog for 3 minutes, walks for 3 minutes, and repeat. Then, of course, is the blessed cool-down.
Now, mathematically I realize that this is still 9 minutes totally of running, just like last week was. However, this was DOUBLE the amount of time of straight running. And boy, did it feel like it.
I have this suspicion that my couch may be a lot squishier than other people's, because getting from mine to the 5K length is difficult. I look forward to running, then I hate it while I'm doing it, then afterwards I feel proud. So really, I'm happy on the couch but not on the 5K. Maybe there should be a program that teaches runners how to be couch potatoes. We could call it "5K to Couch". It works them down from being active to being sedentary.
Robert Ullrey faked me out today too, which didn't make things any easier. During the last 3 minute run on the podcast, the music went down and his voice came on. "Wow!" I thought. "I must've finished!" I thought. "I'm Superwoman!" I thought. Nope. What Mr. Ullrey wanted to tell me was that I only had a minute left and that I could do it. What a tease! How discouraging! I literally yelled out on the road, "Kiss my ass Robert Ullrey!" An SUV was driving by with the windows down, but trust me, that was the least of my worries.
Oh well. I. DID. IT.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment