To add insult to injury, the dirt road I was running on had just been resurfaced. There were tons of loose rocks and lots of dirt. Parts of it felt like I was running on a beach. Suckity.
I realized that speeding up from a walk to a run is by far harder than sustaining a run, at least for me. I got in the zone running today, even though I extended my longest run time by two minutes. Besides that terrible hill at the end, I felt solid. The program for this week is:
Brisk five-minute warm up walk
Jog 3 minutes
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 5 minutes
Walk 2.5 minutes
Jog 3 minutes
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 5 minutes
Five-minute cool down walk
Nature's gift to me on this run? The smell of dead skunk cooking in the sun. Yummy.
I feel like I am whining a lot on this blog, and I don' t mean to. I am doing this by choice, and I am enjoying it over all. It is just still really, really difficult for me. I want to chronicle how I feel and how running goes, and I hope that's what I'm doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment