In one of the running books I've been pawing through, I read that out of every 6 runs 1 is great, 1 is good, 3 are average, and 1 is terrible. Today was terrible. I don't know why. I ran outside on a slightly easier course than Monday's, and the weather was decent. I was just exhausted. My legs felt heavy and I felt wiped during it. I recovered quickly afterwards, but it was just awful.
On a slightly better note, my knees, feet, hip, and back all felt good during and after today's run. That was nice. I'm thinking that I'll go to Fleet Feet over vacation and get fitted for shoes, but it was a relief that the body parts that have been aching weren't today.
I have discovered that about 10-15 minutes after a run, I get very cold! I sweat very hard on the run, then cool down, come inside, get a drink, stretch, then usually sit down. I get very chilly after that, even if the room is warm. I'm not sure what's up with that. Must Google and see if this is a common thing. Usually after exercise I stay overheated for awhile.
Tomorrow at 2:45pm my April break from teaching starts, so I hope to be well-rested and running with more energy soon!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment