This was my last day of Week 2. I feel accomplished. I also feel very nauseated.
I had a lot of factors working against me for todays run. In no particular order, they were:
1. eating pizza and cake last night for my husband's birthday
2. running early, after only eating tea and applesauce
3. running outside in colder temperatures than I have (40*F-ish)
4. running outside period, which I haven't done in a week
5. running with hills
So, in Week 2 I run for 90 seconds and walk for 2 minutes. I do this six times. Today, when I got to my third run I was on a hill. At then end of those 90 seconds my legs felt like lead. During my walking time after that run, I thought I was going to yak. Thankfully, I did not.
Then in my sixth and final run I was on a hill as well. I was moving sloooooowly. I mean, there was a robin in the ditch along the road, and it was running, and it was beating me. At the end of that 90 seconds I could hardly breathe, and I was feeling gaggy. I was breathing too hard to breathe through my nose (which I have heard helps nausea), so I just shut my eyes as I walked to cool down and hoped for the best. And I didn't hurl.
On top of the bad-feeling run and the nausea, my asthma acted up. It is only aggravated by cold weather, but I guess the strong wind and the cold air this morning were enough to flare it. So I've been coughing since I finished the run about an hour ago.
I am really hoping for better things on Monday when I start Week 3. This is the worst-feeling experience I've had yet. As I trudged up the hill to my house, I though "Six minutes of running makes me pukey? What will three hours of running do?" I hope Disney has Mickey-themed barf buckets strategically placed along the route.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment